Wednesday, September 29, 2010

breasts without matter...

i think i just found out what it is i detest in a breast bearing human. what makes me irk and itch all the way to the last nerve. it's you lady. it's you and the inability to engage your mind in an opinion. don't you want to be a part of long overdue change...a part of the movement. but instead she sat there with her 'ums' and 'well...i don't-know-i-thought-that-if-maybe-but'.

so i am back in the the motherland now, working in nairobi. they did warn me that finding a parsee would be no walk in the park. i am still hunting for at least one buddy that we could share a safe space where we can gossip about god, demasculinize a few men and maybe even get peer pressurred into going for a bikini wax.  instead i find myself going for a cup of malindi machiatto and a side order of horrible service from java house with me, myself and i.

for now...here is a toast to rediscovering self in search of my fellow african sisters that are married to their powerfully beautiful minds...cheers!!!!
                                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. Umra! Nice blog.. Welcome back home..

    http://bintimswahili.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fellow African sister, but I am right near by in the good ole Middle East. Come visit with me and I will gossip with you until the early morning call to prayer!

    ReplyDelete